by Sky Wallace, Nantucket
Gluten Free Chef & Baker
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 1/2 cups of brown sugar OR 3/4 cup agave nectar
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten free baking mix or flour blend
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3 cups gluten free oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup slivered almonds or other chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar/agave until fluffy.
3. Add eggs and extracts and beat well.
4. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to wet, mixing until blended. Fold in nuts, raisins,cranberries and coconut.
5. Drop by spoonfuls on to a parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.